The story of Tilden Ross Jewelers began in 1947 when Irving Ross opened his 45th Street location in New York City at the end of WWII. The US military gave Irving the opportunity to enter in a silent auction for service watches, which he won by outbidding all the other parties by one cent. Winning by this small margin and reformatting the dial for civilian use gave Irving an edge in a market that had a limited supply. It did not take long before the store expanded its merchandise and services, and within a few years began providing New York clientele with unparallel service and luxury excellence.
In 1985, Irving's son Richard and wife Gail - the company's current stewards, fell in love with Sarasota Florida's warm and beautiful surroundings, and relocated the successful New York business to its new beachside location. Here Richard and Gail have continued the company legacy, providing the most sophisticated customer with a world-renowned collection of designer jewelry. Tilden Ross has taken its place as an internationally recognized couture jeweler, receiving the highly coveted JCK Top Ten Designer Retailer award from the leading trade association in the U.S.
This website marks the third generation with David Ross providing clients with the ability to view the store's collection from anywhere in the world. Tilden Ross Jewelers, now past its 60th Anniversary, continues its determination to stay on top of trends, while keeping the class of a real family-business and unwavering customer service.